MUMBAI: The Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s security, which had been withdrawn over a month ago, has been restored by Mumbai Police on Sunday, sources said.
After reviewing the threats to Shah Rukh Khan, police in Mumbai has provided him non-categorised security cover.
The statements related to film actor Shah Rukh Khan’s security, created uproar in the media.
The actor’s security cover was withdrawn in the beginning of this month after a routine security review but has been restored now, Mumbai Police told.
The actor’s statement to a foreign media house about alleged victimisation for belonging to the minority community has sparked controversy in the country and neighbouring Pakistan.