KARACHI: Former president of Pakistan, Gen (Retd) Pervez Musharraf has been denied a public gathering at Quaid-e-Azam’s mausoleum in Karachi, Geo News reported.
According to a Sindh police spokeman, SSP Imran Shaukat, the No Objection Certificate (NOC) issued to All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) for holding a rally at Mazar-e-Quaid stands cancelled.
The spokesman added that the APML leader, Pervez Musharraf as well as the organizers of the gathering had been officially informed regarding this decision.
He further said that AMPL has accepted the decision without any objection.
The AMPL had agreed to cancel the public meeting, the spokesman told the media.
Musharraf has been living in self-exile in London and Dubai for 4 ½ years and is planning to return on Sunday to Pakistan.
He risks possible arrest in connection with the killing of an ex-prime minister, while the Pakistani Taliban says they have an assassination team ready for him if he sets foot in the country.
Pervez Musharraf Saturday announced to return to homeland despite facing criminal charges and militant death threats.